Tuesday, July 26, 2011

[Poem] My Lord is my refuge

I walked barefooted
Feeling the waters that soothed
The tired life I had gone through
With life pages I already threw.

Friends I have gathered overtime
From people who gave me their time
Who made me feel loved and secured
To not bother if I would get stirred.

One day I woke up with fear
As the people I thought were sincere
Who promised to stand by me
No matter the situation may be.

I heard that loud sound
Of something I did not know would abound.
I ran towards where they are
But there found the doors all barred.

I feared for my life
I fear I was all in strife
I run like nowhere to go
Like I feel I was ready to go.

I sat down and thought for a while.
I didn’t even know how to smile.
I could not stop panicking
That all I resorted to do is praying.

Then a soft voice I heard from above
“You are my child that I love.
I will keep you safe and warm
No matter everywhere there’s harm.”

I stopped and got startled
Like I was put aside to get saddled.
Should I trust the voice I just heard
And go follow like I’m part of an herd?

He spoke again to me
Through my heart my Lord oh Thee
I thought I have been forsaken
Left alone in the dark I was shaken.

Indeed you are my rock
Let no one give you one mock.
For You are my Lord, my refuge,
Your reign in me and earth is huge.

No comments: