Thursday, June 16, 2011

[Blog] Be in love with GOD




I bought 3 books last Sunday and one of them is LOVESTRUCK. I would like to believe that most of the population must have read that already but it was the first time for me. Actually, it was my very first time to finish a book without any pressure. It was fun to read for it brought me to another dimension where I felt like a teenager again who is longing to know more about what God wants me to learn at that stage in life. As a teenager, I can say that no one taught me the right things to do though there was my lola and my dad to "control" me, I still feel that there was something missing in their so called guidance.

I used to be a part of a group back in the day where I was part of this sort of Sunday school if you call it like that but the focus was Mary. (Don't get me wrong guys! I still love Mary and I acknowledge her being the one who bore the Son of the Living God.) I know that I was with the right people in that group for most of them are from honors class and a lot are really nice. I enjoyed every single time I was there in that group. When I graduated from high school and was introduced to a non-sectarian group, that's when i started drifting away from the good people. I did not attend church anymore and I did not meet with the group again but this is purely a decision I made for myself back then. A lot of things happen in between and looking back at them, my life was a mess because there was no one who dared to stop by and see the potential in me. In short, I was not discipled by anyone.

Everything I did before was just about me and what will give me happiness at the moment and a lot of times, I was left empty and lonely. Days passed by and I saw my future to be darker and no where to go. Good thing there was DFA who kept me in school if not, I probably would not be making this blog at all. You may all be thinking what's the connection of this with the book I mentioned at the start of this item? HUGE CONNECTION!

It was super fun to read that 100-ish paged book. Though it's not as thick as Harry Potter's nor as exciting as Twilight, it was so worth the time I spent to read and finish that tiny book. Every word is like a dagger to my heart especially when it talked about relationships and how people of this world thinks and deals with relationships. I may not be able to tell the details of my past but GOD renewed and restored me through Jesus. Seeing the last period of the book made me think what have I done with my life. Why did I waste my time in those activities that hurt God? I made the most shameful decisions in life and even acted on them but GOD is a loving God. He forgave me and gave me a new life, new heart, new people, better friends.

*SIGH* It was such a nice read and the youth should grab one for themselves to know that God has made them in His own image and likeness. They must realize that Holy Spirit resides in them and they should take respect it is God's not theirs. They would also realize that there's more to temporary happiness for God promised eternal happiness in HIM. The book made me realize how important it is to honor our parents for I am guilty of it. They would realize that parents are there to protect and love them and are there for us no matter what happens. They would realize how huge is GOD's love for us no matter how big or small our sinful acts may be. Do something worthwhile like this for an idle mind is the devil's workshop and we should not let this happen instead, we should let GOD reign over our lives. I am happy that God is in control of my life and I am forever thankful for being HIS child.

READ. REFLECT. GLORIFY GOD.

No comments: