Wednesday, June 1, 2011

[Blog] iConnect


People come in and out of our lives that we sometimes feel bad when they leave and move on. I myself is some kind of like that but is it worth it? We must admit that there can be a lot conflict these people can bring but do we have to cling on to that kind of relationship when it seems that they do not nourish your friendship with them? I often tell people that I have separation anxiety that is a psychological condition in which an individual experiences excessive anxiety regarding separation from home or from people to whom the individual has a strong emotional attachment. (Wikipedia: Separation anxiety disorder) I sometimes find it hard to let go of people who had been part of my life knowing that they have moved on and ready to take their lives on another level.

Just today, I heard Joel Osteen preached about connecting with the right people. After hearing the message, he made me think if these people I am with celebrate my life with them. As he said, spend less time with those who complain for they do not help you fulfill God's plans for you. He also said not to worry about your so-called friends who may have left you behind for God will send you not just new friends but BETTER FRIENDS. This is true and I have a first hand experience of it. God never leaves us alone in our walk with Him. He sends people who would fellowship, laugh and cry with us.

Then it got me thinking, do I have people who are like this in my life? Yes and Yes! I am so blessed to have people who are walking with me in the light of the Lord. They are the ones who help me fulfill the plans that God has for me. There may be times when we would share some stories that we have been struggling with but this is my core group who would help each other get through things in God's grace. Sit down, relax and think things through. Find the perfect time to be silent then talk to God and ask Him to send this kind of people into your lives. I am so happy to have them and never felt so blessed til God introduced them to me. God is faithful. He will send you better people in your lives. My life has been way better than before because God carefully planned the story of my life which includes them in it. Believe. He has perfect plans for you more than you ever hoped for.

No comments: