Tuesday, May 24, 2011

[Poem] You are my Lord

You promised of not leaving me,
Yet in return I ran away from thee.
You ensured grace and mercy upon me,
Yet I hold back my tenth from thee.

You assured healing of our weakling body
Yet we don't ask for it boldly.
You assured of my family's restoration,
Yet my heart wanted emancipation.

You secured me a bright and blessed future
Yet I did things my way as I mature.
You loved me for who and what I am
Yet I relied on how good You made me of now that I am.

My heart is crushed oh Lord,
Knowing what You have done at the cross
You gave your life to mankind
While we are sinning and do not mind.

Lord, why did you endure the pain?
Why not those who put you in vain?
Why did you have to die
If up to now people would lie?

What You put Yourself through,
Is something not the strongest can do.
Do you think it's worth it
Even if You do not gain out of it?

You answered, "My child, I was who the Prophets foretold of coming,
I am the One prophesied hanging at the cross dying,
I am the One who is the sent by the Father for you,
I am the One whose blood will be shed for you."

Hearing this I come kneeling before You,
I bow my head before You,
I am so sorry Lord that I questioned You
And all I ask is forgiveness from You.

No comments: