Sunday, May 8, 2011

[Blog] God loves you

GOD LOVES YOU. This is a simple message yet is oftentimes not easily understood. I remember once a friend asked me "is He enough?" With boldness I answered, YES! He is enough though my life is not perfect and that I still experience heart aches and the like, I know that I have a God who will be there to come and rescue me. One time, another set of friends asked me if I am happy. I said I am. They insisted that I don't look like one and when I asked if it's because I do not a boyfriend then they got perked up and suddenly got interested in knowing more about my answer. I thought to myself if I tell them that God makes me happy, how will they react to it? Will I be mocked and all that? But nonetheless, I answered them that it was God who makes me happy. I have this kind of peace in my heart that no one would be able to understand. God makes me happy and I have this confidant whom I can say anything that is in my heart. A boyfriend would not be able to understand what I am going through. For once, he might be coming from another industry or that he has a different angle of understanding than mine then there’s fight once more. Can you stand a relationship like that? God just loves me and that’s all that I need.

Just more than a month ago, a friend’s heart just got broken and until now, I know that she is still hurting even if she would not tell me about it but God’s always there for us to comfort and love us above all. I remember once I told her, that thing happened to her maybe because God is saying something to her. She maybe too busy attending to her own issues and forgets that there is a God who is just waiting for her to come to. I do not have the mind of God but what impressed in my heart is that God is a jealous God (Deuteronomy 6:15) and what takes our time off from Him, He takes away from us. Painful but true. I feel that she had given this person so much time and that she focused her attention to him but one day, he’s gone. As human beings we are conformed by the fact that when we have someone in our lives – a better half that is – but we neglect God’s presence in our lives. He is a God that loves us unconditionally no matter how many mistakes have we had already, He will love us period. That person may be a better half to you but God is the best partner we could ever ask for.

So many times in the past I asked if God can hear my prayers, my cry, my plea. Is He listening to me? If so, why is He not answering them? It is because I am too busy finding for the solution to my problems. I run after the possible solution to them. I run towards the people I can call to ease the pain and the suffering but I run away from God for i thought He is not listening to me and He is too busy to handle my issues. A realization came in and I realized why not come to Him and cry your heart to Him? I am not saying that I go to Him all the time. I slip a lot of times but we have to make a conscious effort to go back to Him. He is the Great I AM. He is everything that we ask and need in our lives. So love life and our heart aches are just small stuff for Him to take care of for He takes care of everything we can possibly imagine.

I am just at awe on how amazing my God is. I pray that you experience this too.

No comments: