Sunday, May 15, 2011

[Blog] iAsk

Has God recently answered your questions or at least one of your questions? If so, how did you feel about it? Recently, God answered one of my prayers and it was good. If you ask me if there are still a lot of those that have not been answered, my answer is YES. I remember my friend Joice retweeted RickWarren's post saying: "Four possible answers to your prayers: Yes, No, Wait, &You've got to be kidding!" Indeed, those are the type of answers we get from God. Unlike with our friends, you would hear their answers but with God, you would have to wait for the answers without hearing or seeing it. That's what you call faith. It's believing on something that you don't see, hear or feel.

Yesterday, as I hear the Word of God, He illuminated in me that I should keep on asking Him questions that no matter how hard the questions we may have still God is Great and He has the answer for all of them. As I listen to PRH, he simplified what the Prophet Habakkuk wants to say in his preaching that gave me a change of hearts when it comes to dealing with my faith with God.

(1) He went FIRST to God. Many times we use all of our power to finish something or to fight on something. We most of the time say, "I can do this" or "I will have that because I did you a favor". These are prideful statements saying that we are in control of everything that happens in our lives. When we get what we want, we celebrate and sometimes forget to thank the one who blessed us with that gift. But when we fail, we blame God for not doing anything. Look back, what really happened in the process? Did you fight it so hard to make it happen? And now that we fail we blame God? What we have done supposed to be the other way around. We should have come to Him first and ask to come and help you deal with these things. Just like what Prophet Habakkuk did - he went first to God to ask for anything he has in mind.

(2) He brought his questions to God. In his book, he asked these questions, "How long, LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen?", "Why do you make me look at injustice?" and "Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?" Up to these days, these are the same questions we have for God. We may be living in a different time but just like God, our questions are the same. We ask why good things happen to the wicked while you are trying your best to live a Christ-like life. We ask why the bad people are rich when you are faithfully giving your tithes every time. We ask why others who do not deserve a promotion gets the job they want yet you keep your loyalty to your boss and follow every instruction he has for you yet you are still in the same position. We most of the time ask these questions to our friends and get their opinion or worst, we read our daily horoscope to see what's out there for us. The cards and the card reader may say something but how can these be trusted when God is the eternal truth. We raise our questions to our friends to get their opinion for something but why don't come to God and ask these questions? He has the answers to all of our questions and that I am pretty sure of that.


(3) He stayed with God. How many of you can honestly say to me that you stay with God no matter how difficult the situation is or if you have found a solution to your problem your way? I am not an exception on this. There are still things that I do my way and when I feel like giving up I cry out to God for help but would I leave? NO. He is my rock. He is my refuge. He is my comfort. He is my strength. So I'd stay where there's sturdiness in the grip.

A lot of questions were unearthed upon hearing the good news from God. I thought I have asked God so many questions and that he reads what's in my heart but I still came to Him and asked more questions. I lift up to Him what is in my heart. Every single question I have in the farthest part of my brain and the deepest of my heart. I know He will answer me in His time and I am anticipating for that time to come soon. I am contented with the renewed mercy and grace He gives me everyday and the rest are just bonuses of His given life for me.

No comments: