Wednesday, May 9, 2012

[Poem] Holy Commander

In the stillness of the night
Where strength is worn out from fight
I sat down and thought
How tiring and big have I fought.

I can feel my heart pounding
And how hard it was pumping
My whole being just shut down
And cried to You God face down.

O Lord my strength is empty
Not a bit is left in my body
Can't sit, can't stand anymore
I think there's left in me no more.

Open-handed, You came
Held my chin up and speak no lame
You are here with me no matter what
Even if they gather all strength they got.

Promises You gave in the past
Stands strong, true, so vast
Unshakeable is the ground I stand
Even strong wind or storm I can withstand.

You're my sword and my shield
As I go and fight out in the field
I lost nothing in the battle
For Your lamp shines on us from the castle.

O Lord in awe of You
I stand, thank and exalt You
Another day had been conquered
Glory is Yours and all honor.


-mmp 09may2012 4:46am

No comments: