Wednesday, February 27, 2013

[Poem] Ode to my Lover I

I feel his look, his gaze at me
Like a dagger that pierces through my core.
I have to guard my heart from its wickedness
And won't let anyone sweep me away with his suave.
I fell and fainted
For I failed to guard myself with Shield.
I melt like iceberg
And flowed like nowhere to go.
I looked up, cried to the heavens
And His arms stretched out for me
'You are Mine', He said, 'and I am yours'
Such assurance that no one can top.
His suave may sweep me off my feet.
His look, his gaze may melt such ice in me.
O Lord I say that with my own strength I cannot
But with You I can stand firm.
Take me away, O Lover of my soul
Away from the pit I am falling down to
Love me like never before
Pursue me as I've never been
Dance with me with my two left feet
Stare at me with lover's eyes
Sing me Your sweetest and take my breath away.
My Love, my Security, my Assurance, my Lover
My One and Only.
I love you, Jesus


- mmp 16february2013 2:00pm

No comments: