Friday, September 7, 2012

[Blog] How He loves us

"I will love you for the rest of our lives."
"I will be your knight in shining armor."
"I will be there for you through thick and thin."
"I will give you the moon and stars."
"I will never hurt you."
"I will be everything that you ask for."
"I wanna grow old with you."

Sounds familiar? I did hear some of it from people who promised everything that they are not. For years, I have been looking for someone who can complete me. Perhaps, I got hooked with Jerry McGuire's line - "you complete me." Sweet and super romantic but is there really someone out there who can complete you? I remember one time, I met a person years ago whom I easily gave my heart away. He's nice and I can say that he has the personality that I was looking for in a guy. I can say at that time, he completes me - PAST TENSE. He took my heart away with his suave moves and sweet words but that was just about it. Just months after, He just started dating my friend. It broke my heart to see that they are together yet denying of it. Come on! But this is in one corner of my head - drowned in the years that had passed.

Years after that, I have been to two more relationships that I should say did not feed my soul well. Instead, I have dwelt more in the darkness - right at the very core of darkness where I felt like a quicksand pulling me down where there is no escape from it. I decided on dating more like them but in my heart I pray for someone who really can fill this emptiness . I looked around and broke my heart again and again and again. Perhaps there really is no one who can satisfy my need of being loved. All I want is to be loved. Then came April 9, 2010 - the day where I was under the knife. Hours later, I opened my eyes and there was my mom talking to my doctor. It was my first time to be contained in one place where I couldn't go anywhere and mingle with people. I can say that I was a prison in that room for days. That night, I realized that there is one being so strong that I can't help but fight with because I knew I was strong. Came morning of April 10, all I had done was surrender my life to Him. There is no point in fighting because He is a lot better than I thought. His joy is my strength. He suddenly became my lover, my friend, my confidant, my dad, my God.

I fought a hard fight and all I can do is surrender. He is greater than everything in this world. His promises are true and timeless. He will be there with me wherever I go. He is the God that I want to have in my life.

No comments: