Monday, September 24, 2012

[Poem] Untitled Measure

As day approaches its end
Dark hue covers the sky and blend
I looked up and gazed at it for a while
And savor at His majestic work then smiled. 


I walked passed a big street
Brisked walk and rushed striding feet
Heading home lingers in my head
When drops of rain start falling on my hand. 


O God let the rain stop from falling
While I still am hurrying my walking
Wind blew flipping hair on my face
As I head passed like rat in a race. 


I reached where I stopped and waited
A place where wheels are steady and naked
Under this heavy raining
Vulnerable to its soaking. 


The road was long and winding
Counting gushes one person is making
Heavy sighing heard like in a tube
As we await til we alight from this move. 


Seems like the clouds ain't yet over
From spilling so much rain, so much water
Will it ever stop from pouring
That worries everyone that's going. 


I prepped to go as the man made a turn
I sure am rain won't give me a burn
I prayed to God to hear my plea
To let me walk under the light of glee. 


I opened and slid the door
Hopped out and got my feet on the floor
Clouds still hasn't stopped from raining
So I leaped and headed home running. 


Surely, the night may seemed gloom
For the moon did not show its face from my room
But thank God for this priceless gift
For it made me sleep so quick, so swift. 


I praise the God who made the rain
I praise the God that had everything made
I praise the God who ends the day with night
To start another one under His light.


-mmp 18sept2012 10:00pm

No comments: