Thursday, October 20, 2011

[Blog] I dream the dream...yet again

What was your childhood dream? If you have, do you clearly recall them? Me, I don't until a friend asked me what do I really wanna do in life. For two weeks, I kept on recalling what was my childhood dream. What I realized is that my original dream got drowned in my ambition. You probably may say that dreams and ambitions are the same - no, they are not. In my own opinion, dreams were made from an innocent heart - what you love doing - while ambitions were made because the world dictates stature to exist - fame and wealth.

I did not say that you should not have any ambition in life for having one is totally awesome. This is something that I owe my parents with.They instilled in me the value of education so I can land to a good job to live a good life. Again, there is nothing wrong with that. The trouble with it is, most of the time, we forget what we really want in life because it has been altered due to influences. We conform with the world's standard so the dream has slowly drifted away.

After that brief conversation with Patti, I thought I can shrug it off easily instead, it lingered for two weeks. On the up side, it gave me time to seek God to help me relive my chilhood dream. I said to Him, "I want to sing and be with people." One day after another, things are getting clearer to me. Last Tuesday helped me realize things. After our victory group, Trici asked me if I'd like to watch Tim Cada at The Fort Strip. I went with her and there, I experienced my first time to sing with a band. I told Trici that I was happy that I did it and that it was my first time as well. I may be seen singing in church more than twice a month but that is different from a regular gig.

I felt so elated in doing so and couldn't wipe that smile off my face on my way home. Then something enliven my inner desire. I felt like an old feeling is alive once again. I did not realize it til the next morning - that was my childhood dream. I really want to sing in front of a crowd and I know that it was something I would love doing. Whew! That was a long journey to the past to realize that it was my dream.

Finally, the once a childhood dream is relived by a grown lady. The years may have made me aged but this dream never got old in time. So what's next for me? I presented this to God and will wait for what He wants me to do with my dream. Being still is the best thing I can do for now to keep the dream alive in me while in the season of waiting. Let's just wait and see.

No comments: