Sunday, October 16, 2011

[Blog] Our purpose on HIM

What is your purpose? Of your existence? Of your life? It sounds easy to answer right but it really isn't. But what is purpose really? As per the dictionary, the purpose of something is the reason for which it is made or done. So what is the reason why we were made? Sometimes when things don't go the way we want it, we question why did God create us when we don't know our purpose or reason of existence. But did we ask God to reveal His purpose in our lives? We oftentimes miss this step - asking God.

When we say asking, it is not simply just telling Him and that's it. We must earnestly seek Him and His wisdom so His plans may be known to us. The problem with us is that we want to get things our way that's why we end up tired, weary and worn out just to get to where we want to be. There are even times when we end the day frustrated because we want to stretch more of us yet it ain't working still. Why do we get frustrated in the first place? I may say because where we are currently in is not what God intended and planned for us.

Recently, I was asked by a friend: "what do you really want to do?" It mummed me for a bit while. Yes, I was mummed because I dunno what to say. I told her, if not for my responsibility, I will live a simple life. Yes, I have big dreams but living a simple and decent life that is pleasing to God is not bad either. This is also our society's sickness - heirarchy. We tend to look at ourselves down because we are a person of no title. No tag at the end of our names such as MD, RN, EdD etc. But these should not define who we are for if we are stripped off it, then we would feel worthless.

The challenge right now is how long would we hold on to Him til His purpose is known to us? With the world's demands and pressure, I would say that it is not far from reality that our faith sometimes gets shaky whenever our dreams frustrate us. But how can this be avoided? Be still, pray and remain in great expectation of God's revelation of Himself and His purpose for you. Until then, are you ready? Will you ever be ready for His revelation? This is not an easy task to do. Waiting for something you do not know what it is and when is it coming.

This indeed is hard esp if we don't anchor our dreams and heart's desires on God. I am not perfect nor I pose to be righteous but this is a confession of how I have lived a life based on the world's standard. I may have episodes of unbelief in God's power that things will get better in His time which results to impatience then frustration. I may have slipped from God's grip at one point in time but His other hand catches me so my future will still be secured in Him. This God I am boasting about does not get tired of planning for each of us even before our birth. His plans are made perfect for us. Be still. There is something grand for us. In great expectation of His plans.

No comments: