Thursday, March 22, 2012

[Poem] I do

Not long ago I dreamed,
Of what this day would have been,
Til this moment just you and me,
With God our witness and the people here we see.

Acquainting with you is a skill,
Didn't know anything, so nil.
Are you the one in God's will
Or a daydream by the window sill?

As days and nights gone by,
Eyes on you, with such stare and sly.
No one knows what's on my mind,
That I admire such one of a kind.

The moment I waited all my life,
Is like perfectly carved with a sharp knife.
Where details were meticulously etched,
And drawn more beautifully than a sketch.

'I do', is my answer to you.
I promise to God and heard by all of you.
Today, I start forever and a day with you,
My best friend, my lover, God's blessing that's all you.

-mmp 23march2012 4:55am

No comments: