Wednesday, March 14, 2012

[Poem] YOU took me

In my life I reigned supreme,
Did everything that feed my dream,
They may say my youth seemed wasted,
I did not care as I had 'em tasted.

You stood along my way,
Blocked the road I traveled like maze,
I know my youth will be halted,
If I let You, my life will be jaded.

I could care less for my life,
I wouldn't mind living in strife,
So I challenged You to bring a new being in me,
That I know would struggle You to achieve.

A full control by You I gave,
To consume all the power You have saved,
In a snap I know I could change Your mind,
Surrender to me so others You may start findin'.

Lost, defeated I've become,
For Your ways are higher than mine,
Light-footed I hopped this life and traversed,
As I allowed You to take me out of my course.

Humble, I'm baffled,
Left with Your gift no words to mumble,
For nothing did I receive as precious as this,
A life of victory, second chances and new beginnings.

That was I am,
In life of lies and all shamble.
This is me now,
In YOU - changed, victorious, I come humble.

-mmp 15march12 3:02am

No comments: