Saturday, March 10, 2012

[Blog] On my wedding day...

Growing up, I have an idea of how the man of my dreams would be like. You know how girls have a checklist of their preferences? He has to be like this and like that, from this school, a graduate of, working as, from a family of and the list goes on. With that in my head, I always picture out how this day would be like until now that I stand before you. Unfortunately, none of my preferences were met because I am too blessed to have the man that surpasses that list -- God has exceeded my expectations by a mile...or even two.

I always knew that I'm gonna be a missus of a leader, a musician, a wiseman and an obedient man of God. As a preparation, I went on with my life with the desire locked in my heart that one day, God will introduce you to me. Even on the day that met you, I did not have a slight of idea that you are the one but everyone in this room must agree with me that he is such an eye candy.

Days had gone by and I began to see other sides of you -- both good and bad -- and I said to myself that this guy is a handful. I was silently watching every move you make and I'm greatful to have known you that way for I see the real you. Moreso in the years that passed by did I know you deeper -- you are the leader every man would wanna follow, a mentor every man would wanna be shadowed with, a lover any woman would pray for and a best friend anyone would want to have coffee with.

I read books and meditated on Proverbs 31 to prepare me to be a good wife so my man would be respected at the city gate. It is the real checklist every praying woman must have and man, it is not an easy one to be honest with you. There are things to surrender and to die to self at but God has blessed us to fulfill one of His many promises to us...for us.

When you asked me to marry you, I know God played the best part of this whole thing because everything we need are here to the littlest detail there is. This union is an epitome of what answered prayers are, of God's favor and of His faithfulnes -- that His will is good, perfect and beautiful. I will glorify God for this union starting this moment til the end of our days...and I say Amen to that!

My mister, I promise before God that I will be a good wife, your lover, your best ally, your best friend, a home maker and a loving mom for our future kids. From this day forward, there are no longer 'You' and 'I'; only 'Us' and 'We'. I will be your partner and will never leave you behind even in fire. I will take the lead from you and will be with you every step of the way. I will let you be the man God has created you to be and will stand beside you holding your hands as you make big decisions for our family.

I love you darling and I thank God for the blessing that you are.

No comments: