Friday, March 23, 2012

[Poem] Hear me O God

I poured my heart all night
Groaned in suffering and plight
Tears drown my eyes of sight
And worn my strength out and might.

Hear me O God, hear me
Have You no pity in me?
It is I Your child in plea
Fall on no deaf ears, hear me.

As the night crawls to the morning
So as I let myself go singing
Before You God I beg and come kneeling
Asking You please listen to me wailing.

Save me from the years of darkness
Save me from the years of distress
Save me from drowning in wickedness
That left me with nothing but a big mess.

To You I come running
To You I come knocking
To You I come kneeling
To bow down and get healing.

Heal the mind so crooked
Heal the heart so wicked
Heal me O God, heal me
Of the brokenness that's in me.

Apart from You I am nothing
Apart from You I mean not a thing
For I am the scum of the earth
That amounts to tons of filth.

Renew me O God
Take me from the pile of mud
For it's in You I am new
With clear horizon I have in view.

-mmp 23march2012 5:48am

No comments: