Friday, August 17, 2012

[Blog] A walk on a dry land

Last week, Metro Manila was struck by "Habagat" and it's more than twice the rainfall count of Ondoy in 2009. In effect, more families were affected, more people got sick, more homes had been wiped out by flood and more lives had been taken by this catastrophe. I personally felt and experienced Habagat's wrath - the wind was so strong, rain fell unexpectedly, traffic was so bad and the flood level cannot be anticipated as I was going home.

Nearing my place, I really don't know what to expect because I live in Marikina and the news about flood level is not good. But I was reminded of God's promise to Moses as they crossed the Red Sea. God has been telling Moses that He will be with him wherever he goes. Since he knows who his God is, he just trusted Him that He will deliver them from slavery from Egypt and that they will walk on a dry land to the promise land.

"Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground." (Exodus 14:16)

What a sight! How can 600,000 people cross from one end to another on a seabed soaked into the water for millions of years yet was referred to as "dry ground"? Only God can do that.

Yes, that was commanded by God and none after that verse say that an Israelite sunk in and that they had a hard time crossing the sea. Imagine, two gigantic water walls were up on their sides. It is both a wonderful sight to look at and a scary thing at the same time. Imagine a water wall falling on you - it speaks of death toll - but not one died.

Obedience is the key. Had they not believed and obeyed God, they would not be able to experience deliverance and reach the promise land. As for me, I was not passing the Red sea but possibly would be passing through the flood. Just few minutes before I reached my place, I saw that the street did not have any sight of water whatsoever. It was not dry because of the rain but definitely, no flood at all and I reached home safe.

Moses and I may be from different generations but we both have One God. His promise to Moses of crossing the Read sea to the promise land through a dry land - this came to pass. His promise to me of reaching home safe with no flood - figuratively on a dry land - came to pass. Truly, He is an everlasting God. He is the God of time - no beginning and no end - the alpha and the omega. His love endures forever. His faithfulness seen from age to age.

This is just one of the many promises God has for us. Let us know Him more by knowing His Word and I am sure, more praise reports shall come about.

I challenge you to write down a promise a day out of your daily devotion and see how God will move on your behalf. As said in Psalm 66:5

Come and see what God has done, 
His awesome deeds for mankind!

God has promises for us and He will fulfill them ALL in His good, pleasing and perfect time. Surprise! Surprise!

No comments: