Tuesday, August 7, 2012

[Blog] YOU complete me

Some songs say that they found love in a hopeless place. Some says that love lifts them up where they belong. Some says that as long as they have one another it doesn't matter whether they are starving, homeless and broke. As what others say, we, as human beings, long to belong, long to be comforted, long to be encouraged, long to be loved and I myself am human --- I long to have these. Indeed, I am saved by grace and I am a new creation. I got born again when I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior but not so long ago, I thought that my needs can only be provided by one person - a partner, a lover, a boyfriend and yet another relationship.

Was there anyone in your past who never had failed you? Friends who promised to meet you at a certain time but late for 2 hours? Bosses who said will promote you yet 15 years later you are still hoping? Parents who promised this and that yet did not fulfill? Someone promised heaven yet gave hell to experience? Or a lover who promised forever yet ended in a bitter sweet note? As said in the word "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." (Proverbs 12:13) People failed me and I must confess so did I fail them too and worse, broke their hearts. Just recently, God answered one of my prayers and that is for my friend to forgive me and to restore my relationship with her. Praise God for His faithfulness because that prayer has been answered with a YES and an AMEN. You see, people have needs but when we fail to meet them, they get hurt and we take part in this vicious cycle.

As we get older, our longing becomes intense and we actively chase after the people who we think will eventually meet our expectations. Unfortunately, we fail, we cry and chase for more wrong people. Fast forward April 2010, God has found me and I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior. I know some people who have Jesus in their lives and I see the joy in their eyes because Jesus overflows in their hearts. As I grow in my faith, I learned to believe that God is in control, He reigns supreme over my situations and that He will meet ALL of my needs - nothing lacking, nothing missing. However, this walk is never easy but knowing that God's yoke is easy, life becomes less complicated.

I have met godly people along the way and all of them say that it's not what we know of God but nourishing our relationship with Him by knowing Him is more important. Confusing, ya? Yes! Confused had I been. How can I claim that I know my God yet I don't have a relationship with Him? But God wants to have a relationship with me so He brought me to my spiritual family who has helped me with my walk through meeting together, reading and studying the word together and sharing lives together. With all these, I get to know my God more and more each day. The mentors I have met really helped me deepen my faith and ultimately, God lead and guided me as I walk to know more of Him.

Two Sundays ago, we started with a new series called "That Thing You Do" and it focuses on Spiritual Disciplines and one of them is THE BIBLE. Truly, The Word is God-breathed and was given for us because God wants to deepen our relationship with Him by knowing Him. Through reading His word, His promises to me has been revealed one by one and had me experience His faithfulness that NONE of His promises did nor will fail. Today, the rain has not stopped yet and places around Metro Manila are still flooded. Encouragement and help here and there are just overflowing but one verse really brought peace to my heart and it says:

When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
- Isaiah 43:2


WOW! What a great God He is! The Mighty God said "I WILL BE WITH YOU". That is very encouraging that nothing can put me down because my God has my back. Then I remembered His promises. He said in the Bible that He will be with me until the end of age (Matthew 28:20). He also said that He is for us and will not forsake us (Psalms 37:28). He also said that He will go before us (Deuteronomy 31:8). He also said that He is with us (Matthew 1:23). He also said that He will never harm us (Jeremiah 29:11).  Lastly, HIS love endures forever - He is faithful from age to age (1 Chronicles 16:34, 41; 2 Chronicles 20:21, Psalms 100:5, 106:1, 107:1, 118:1, 118:29, 136:1, 136:26). With all these, I am encouraged and in faith that there is hope in God - that there is deliverance in Him that I can cling only onto Him who is with me.

I only have one hope that we all will anchor our dreams, our desires, our prayers and our hope to this GOD I know of. Everyone longs to belong, longs to be comforted, longs to be encouraged, longs to be loved and only GOD can put an end to our longing. HE is YAHWEH - HE is everything that we ask HIM to be. All we have to do is repent, come to Him and accept Him as our Lord and Savior and truly we can all say that "HE completes me."

No comments: