Thursday, August 16, 2012

[Blog] My socket cried "Ouch!"

 "Nina!", my Lola exclaimed. "Ninaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..." Still, no response.
 
That Nina is me. :) That's the usual scene in our house when I was younger especially when I know that my Lola will ask me to do something as if her voice fallen on deaf ears. Even when I have already grown up, we still have that same scenario and it's worse because I'm supposed to have matured that time unfortunately, I have not. A lot of times we are like this - stubborn, hard-headed (as some people may say it) but how did we become this when God said that all that He created was good?
 
I traced it back to the first Book of the Bible - Genesis. When everything on earth has already been created, God created man in His image and likeness. Out of dust, God breathed life to it thus he became alive. He named the man Adam and he commanded the man to tend the land. He also said that Adam is free to eat from any tree in the garden except for the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. However, the Lord saw that it is not good for the man to be alone so He made a suitable helper for him - then came Eve. They both knew that everything that they see is theirs in exception of that one tree. Then the infamous scene happened, they both ate from that one tree God told them not to. Had God's command fallen on deaf ears? And were they just stubborn to follow God's command? Sadly, this still happens up to this day.
 
Yes, you may say that you have been a Christian for a while but we remain human - flesh - and in so many cases, we fall short of His glory. We fail ourselves, we fail God. We disappoint ourselves, we disappoint God. We hurt ourselves, we hurt God. Whatever we feel - whether good or bad - God feels it. Everything we do to ourselves, we do it to God. Our battles are His battles too. Remember, we are His image and likeness.

Recently, I was in a battle - emotional battle and I know God has been speaking to me about it and was commanding to let go. I can't. I don't want to. Indeed, it was hard and I don't know anyone who can easily let go and just let God rule it -- that's why it is called a battle. There isn't a battle when there was no conflict whatsoever, right? Yeah, you may be different from me but we don't move on as quick as a snap. We become Christ-like from glory to glory. There is no such thing as instant change -- it's a process..it's a painful process but His grace is sufficient so we can endure it hence, we become victors in Christ.
 
I was then reminded of the story of Jacob who wrestled with God til daybreak. I felt I was in Jacob's situation during my battle. I knew what God wants me to do yet I opted not to follow Him. In the end, I felt pain for God touched "my socket" and I screamed "Ouch!" God won over me yet again and things are never the same after. Looking back, God always intervened with my emotional battles and at all times, I lost. But you know what? I still am the one victorious because had I stayed where I was, I wouldn't know that there's really the word BEST and I find Best only in God.
 
Proverbs 19:21 says that "Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails." As we mature in our faith, let us learn to yield on God's plans for it is good. I am glad that I am now free for it is for freedom that Christ has set me free! I will stand firm and will not let myself burdened again by a yoke of slavery. (Galatians 5:1)

No comments: