Monday, August 6, 2012

[Blog] Be thankful in all circumstances

Yesterday at exactly 3pm, I clocked out, went out of the office for the sight outside is not promising a good weather. It's been two days and the clouds are not empty of rain yet and man, it's been pouring down so hard! Officially, monsoon season has started and as I got out of the office, all I was thinking was going home. Though I was not dry and warm, I am thankful that I am finally in my crib. I was then reminded of a tweet of I-forgot-who saying that life is not just about the journey, it is also about safely reaching our destination so I just enjoyed the travel anticipating my time in my bed. As I was nearing our place, God just showed how candid He can be to His kids and candid had He been to me assuring that He will take care of me til I reach home.

Even if the rain was pouring so hard, there are so many things that I am thankful for that day. Podium gave plastic umbrella jacket for our convenience. I got to ride a bus that went up the flyover and reached Cubao like a flash. I got to buy 6 nice buttons for my pants. I got to ride a jeep that went ahead even before it got filled up. There was not much of traffic on my way home. Finally, there's no flood in our place. Thank You, Jesus! Realizing these I said to myself, these are good reasons to praise God and thank Him despite of the heavy rain.

I remember the word in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ~ "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." --- IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES it said but what I experienced yesterday was just a few of the good things that is already in me. Knowing that we are victors in Christ Jesus, there are yet to say of thanks about this life. Hmmmm... That verse is a good kick off so I checked the Bible to see what are the other verses that says about thanksgiving. I used the Bible I have on my phone and when I was going through the verses I was thinking if I don't get to move on from one to another. To my surprise, those are different verses but are saying one thing --- "Give thanks to the Lord; His love endures forever." (1 Chronicles 16:34, 41; 2 Chronicles 20:21, Psalms 100:5, 106:1, 107:1, 118:1, 118:29, 136:1, 136:26). I checked on Google to see on the verses where thanksgiving is mentioned and I found a lot as well (http://tinyurl.com/dx4v9rt). Wow! That was overwhelming! All these verses talked about two things - Give thanks to God and God's love endures forever!

This made me think... have I been thankful to God in everything that He has given me? Is my thanksgiving  enough to say that His Name is exalted high? Have I been a blessing to other people that in ALL CIRCUMSTANCES I am thankful to God?  Today, it is still raining and areas are heavily flooded due to this but am I thankful? Yes. I am thankful that my dad lead me to the right direction. I am thankful that the FX driver brought me to the FX terminal for free. I am thankful that there was no traffic. I am thankful that the rain is lighter than last night's. I am thankful that my cluster mates and our trainer are all safe. I am thankful that none of my friends have reported of any harm in their family neither of themselves. I am thankful that I am safe inside our office. I am thankful for having access to the internet to finish this blog. *wink* And most of all, I am thankful that my God has been with me the whole time. He is never far from me nor in a distance for He promised that He will be with me until the end of the age. (Matthew 28:20)

How about you...what are you thankful to God for?

No comments: