Wednesday, August 8, 2012

[Blog] Light

"Let there be light." and there was light (Genesis 1:3) This is the beginning of creation. God saw that darkness is not good so He created light.

How important is light? It is important to students. It is important to mothers taking care of their babies. It is important to basketball players to get the ball in the hoop. It is important to people going home at night. It is important to seamstress and tailors. Bottom line, it is very essential especially in this time of age.

Back in the day, there were no LED lights, incandescent lamps, et. al. but there is already a need for light. Gas lamps and candles were once used to shed light in the darkness. But what is it really in the light that we all are in need of it? As prior mentioned, it is to shed light in the darkness so we can see through it.

Arrrgghhh... Yeah, shedding light. It strains our eyes when there's sudden light after darkness. I remember in the early 90s when there were so many instances of brownout in our area - we always look forward to the resume of electricity. And one thing that the light does is exposure. It's said: "But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light." (Ephesians 5:13) Then we are called the salt and the LIGHT of the world. (Matthew 5:13)

EVERYTHING will become visible. How then should we react to exposure? I don't know with others but definitely, I will be shocked, ashamed if ever I am exposed to light --- that's if I am doing something wrong. I remember a friend telling me not to do what I was doing and I felt like she was just too stiff that she couldn't bend a bit. But looking at that scene from where I am at right now, she is right. She has been the light in my path. How can she not? She has Christ and anyone who is in Christ reflects His goodness; His righteousness.

Let there be light and light we should be. Expose the wicked ways. Compromise is the enemy of greatness because it halts our growth and corrodes the real value in us. Sometimes exposing the wickedness of people could mean losing them but I'd rather lose the ones on earth than lose the love of my Only One. I'd rather be despised by everyone than displease the Heavenly One. I'd rather be unpopular among many but remain popular in the sight of my Father.

When we were in darkness, it was easy to turn a blind eye on something we know is outright wrong. Now, it may seem hard to be on the right side and even harder to stay in it but GOD's GRACE will sustain us to remain in it. When I say RIGHT it is in accordance to the standard of The One who is The ONLY Standard. Let not the world's be our gauge of what standard is because anything that is not founded in Christ will crumble and is bound to destruction.

Let us remain under His light for it is good.

No comments: