Tuesday, August 28, 2012

[Blog] Do you hear what I hear?

Tick.Tock. Tick.Tock. Tick.Tock. Tick.Tock. 

Can you hear what I hear? It's my body clock! Well, that's what they say that is ticking. As Science says that women must be married before 35 (I'm just 3 years shy from this number) so we won't have any problem in conceiving a child. In effect, women get their hormones mixed up so as our mood and our decisions get all cranked up. But does that mean that we must hurry up and get married before we hit that dreading number? Would this mean that we must start looking around to see if there are "qualified" men for us?  In the past, I actively looked for "THE one" but ended as "THAT one". I mingled around and meet guys whom I thought was a husband material but nothing materialized. Honestly, I got tired and even made a very sharp U-turn because I failed in my search. But the question remained the same, should I look around and search for that one person?

Well, as I previously mentioned in my blog, I am a new creation and being a new one gives me a new perspective on life. I feel like even my desire to be in a relationship had also been born again --- a revivification of the desire to have my own family. As I let God do His work in me and through me, part of the things I have let Him have a control with is my personal life. Well, I did not succeed in those years of search so why not in my desire revival that I let His greatness be in move. 

I remember in Genesis 2:18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” then came Eve. Never did it say that He created the woman first then she went gaga over looking for a partner suitable for her among the other creatures in Eden. I was not in the same field as they both were but I am sure that each one of the animals have their own partner. If God created Eve first, do you think she would get envious of these creatures and just go crazy for she is alone? 

That's my point! Why would I go crazy and be worried knowing that I am "earthly" alone - no boyfriend, no husband - SINGLE? I am not alone for God said that He will be with me to the very end of age. (Matthew 28:20) Throughout the entire Bible, there were numerous times when God said that He will be with them wherever they go and this is an assurance that they are not alone. Til the very end of age, that promise still resounds true up to this day and He remains faithful to His promise even at this present age.

With such promise and assurance of me walking this life NOT alone but is always with GOD, I shall not feel pressured to find my "soulmate". Then I put my finger on Psalms 37:4 that says: "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." While thinking of what does the verse mean, I remember Psalm 27:4 "One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." Wow! Now, it makes sense that I should enjoy my time with God while waiting for the anointed day. That one day for that one guy perfectly orchestrated by God.

Seriously, I am joyful to be single. I am happy that I have my time with God before the big day comes. My said happiness then is incomparable to the JOY that I only found in GOD. Many have failed me but God never did. Many of them said to give me a happy-ever-after moment but ended as a tragedy. It's not that I don't care whether I am gonna get married or not. Hear me please because I do care but if that takes a chunk of time off my time with God, I'd rather that I'd be single for the rest of my life. So going back to the question, should I look around and search for that one person? NO because God already has a better plan for me. Let that clock tick as loud as a deafening sound but my God is the God of time so everything is possible to Him.

God has a clean track record in regards to His faithfulness and I will only hope to The One who never will fail me. My future is in His hands and that's enough reason for me to be hopeful.

No comments: