Friday, March 18, 2011

[Poem] Amazing as You are

I saw myself there
Where my foot was bare
Feeling mud under it
Just like dirt on a pit.

I was in the dark for years
Those dreadful years of tears
Where I feel well on everything
Until they begin to get me thinking.

Why do I feel left out?
As if I'm alone in the desert with drought.
Why do I feel unloved?
And no one thinks I'm beloved.

Why do I feel unimportant?
That makes me feel so stagnant.
Why do I feel less blessed?
While eveyone is being raised.

One day I saw the light
A light so bright
That blinds me to fright
And fought my might.

That was the start of it
As if I were an engine full of gas in it
My life is like a car in race
To finish it even if it's in a maze.

My life is not perfect
It's like an ongoing project
Of what God wants me to finish
And what He needs in me to abolish.

I'm at awe and amazed
On how God lit my mind in a blaze
I promise to shine the same light
So people will see this even in plight.

Amazing as You are, oh God
Our sins had been washed by Your blood.
You gave Your life for our victory
So we can live it in celebratory.

No comments: