Friday, March 11, 2011

[Blog] I am wearing a ring

Many people surely will react to this but has it crossed your mind why are we stunned by the thought of it? There are so many types of rings - friendship, engagement, wedding - but all these don't make sense unless we put a tag to it. Right now, I am wearing a simple silver band on my point finger. Does it mean anything at all?

Last Saturday, I borrowed it from Mica and I initially put it on the finger next to the pinkie. How do you call that finger again? Anyhow, I looked at it several times and indeed, the feel was different for I know that is where married people put their wedding band but don't I get the right to put it anywhere? I transferred it from one to another but someone told me it will not change the perception of other people who do not know me that I may really be married so I decided to put it where it is right now.

A ring is just a piece of a round shaped thing that we put on our fingers. Its meaning differs depending on how it looks, who puts it, why put it and where it is placed but nonetheless, it's just a ring. Let us not be conformed by what the society tells it is for we end up being mislead by it. Let us be guided by our GOD who is the ultimate gauge on how we live and interpret life. Let's not live in conformity else, live a life pleasing to our God.

Have a blessed day to all!

No comments: