Tuesday, March 15, 2011

[Blog] My past haunts me

I just had a heart to heart conversation with two of the important people in my life and it was so sad to know that a friendship is ending right before my eyes.

It all started with that one text message sent to me yesterday afternoon when I found out that one's life was in danger. I called that person to calm him down and so I did. I was able to pacify him and told him to always do precautionary measures whenever the need arise. So I went on with the day and went to my space. On my way there, the other person sent me a text message telling me that he got family matters to attend to and may not be able to come over. I'm just glad to know that he retracted and told me that he's following and so he did. The very first thing in my head was to send everyone the message to always take care and send us a message if ever they ride the same thing.

As the day drew near its end, the first person approached me and told me the truth. I did everything to make sure that the second person would be joining us. Upon this happening, I brought them to one corner where there is no one to hear us talking about this truth. My first question was: "Why do you think we are here?" after that I demanded to know the truth. So everything was unfolded right before my eyes and I felt like my past is haunting me. The feeling was so surreal. I felt like I was brought back to my earlier years when I was as young and restless as they are. I felt like God was talking to me through them but I realized that God used that opportunity to speak of truth to them.

I shared with them what I have gone through when I was their age and how impulsive I was with my decisions. I hopped from one to another. I start and end things so soon. People come and go in my life and happiness were all short lived. One day I'm like in cloud nine the next day, I feel like I was thrown out to the dumpster. I had one cool night, the next day I'm in front of my doc. I even have met the same as I am and made them part of that relational dysfunction side of me and the whole nine yards. I told them that my past was not as perfect as it is. I am not perfect though people look up to me thinking that there is nothing un-perfect in me. Yes, that's how they look at me but all they think of me is wrong. While I was talking to them I said that there is nothing good about what they are doing. Let it be known to them that the enemy is doing its job to destroy us and to separate us from God.

The world defines what we should believe in by showing us that the rest of the world does it so we should. I call this a fad and nothing but a fad. Let us not be conformed with what the world says is okay. OKAY is never OKAY when you are destroying what is not yours. They are hurting themselves and their Creator - Our God. I shared with them that in 1 Corinthians 6:19 it says: "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own."

Our lives is NEVER ours and we should be able to let the ends of the earth know that we are serious about God crushing the serpent's head for it not to get us anymore, snatch us from God and to push us to sin. What is the good about this? EVERYTHING for the Lord does beautiful things and being able to not sin is a beautiful thing. As it was said in Ecclesiastes 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." He loves us from the beginning to end and no one should oppose this for God spoke this truth for it is the truth.

It is so sad to know that the world has conformed us with everything this enemy would want us to believe in. There is the word CONFORMITY again.It's sad, just sad to know that a lot of us live in it and we miss God's provisions for us because we're too busy keeping up with the world. Speak of truth in love and do not be ashamed of it. Be bold. Be not afraid. Let us not focus on what we can have from this world but be more expecting of what God has prepared for us in heaven.

Step out in faith and be moved by the grace of God all the time.

No comments: