Sunday, March 13, 2011

[Blog] Lord, save me!

A lot of us had gone through a lot and there are so many of these things that we think that we cannot resolve anymore so we end up giving up and not finishing the game anymore. One thing that keeps me going in my faith and to continue growing in faith is the fact that Our God is very much able and willing to give us what we desire of having. However, since we commit sin, we hide our face from him and we decide to just be drowned to it as if no one's gonna save us from it. Like quick sand, when we slide to it, it catches us, slowly pulls us in and sadly, get drowned to it unless someone notices and quickly gets us out of it. This often happens in our life and I call it "QUICKSAND EFFECT".

There are so many things that we usually do everyday that we think is right because we are too conformed to the thought of it. That people do that too that's why we will just be like them as well. Just like in work. We are tasked to do many things and at most times, we end up whining and complaining and simply not do it. What happens? Things pile up right under our nose til we cannot see no more. Compliance to daily-weekly-monthly deliverables is something I fight at most times and I end up just giving up on them altogether. My boss called me one time asked me why is that metric not showing any improvement and I just told him bluntly that I gave up doing it months ago for whatever effort I put to it, nothing changes. He did not argue with me instead, he told me to just to do it and he will send someone to help me and my team understand how can we arrest this issue as soon as possible. He gave me an EOM target of only 2% when our threshold is only between -1% and 1%. At first I didn't believe that I can because we ended around 10% the month prior and we were heading 7% already that week of the month. So as promised, he sent us to the best person who can explain things to us patiently and she was successful to serve her purpose. Fast forward end of the month, I gave my boss 0.19%. This to us is very surprising that after almost two years of my stay in the program, I made it. FINALLY!

This only goes to show that if someone is sent to you who will guide you properly as to how things should be done, I am very sure that the end target will be met and even exceeded. I thank my boss for having that eye to see through it and believing that my team can do it. I also thank him that he was able to act on it that early on to that month and sent us the best person who would be able to make everyone buy in to the thought. She challenged the team that she will check on this on a daily basis and will wait til the end of that month to see our traction and we did not fail to amaze her day after day for the improvement we have been showing from the time she trained us about it. But more than all the efforts placed by everyone to make this possible, I thank Our God for making that possible. He is the one who see this day coming. He sent me to my boss to bring the message that I need to shape up and to address this issue immediately for this number shows behavioral issues on the agent's side, so as mine. I thank God for giving my boss the best decision making skills that he will have to send the best person who can turn things around for the team. But I give thanks to GOD and GOD alone for he made this happen.

As I mentioned at the start of this blog, I mentioned about the one I call "QUICKSAND EFFECT" but I realized that we will never be in that position have we had the right perspective and the right person to call and cry our hearts to. On the hind sight, we tend to forget that we have Our God whom we can hold on to and cry our hearts to in "quicksand" times. When we sin, we stumble down, it catches us and creeps in us slowly BUT if we call on to God to help us and take us out of this burden, He will come to our rescue, take our hand and pull us out of the quicksand. Just like how Peter cried out to God when He saw Jesus walked in water [Matthew 14:22 - 33]. He said “Lord, save me!” when he drowned and Jesus regarded him as man of little faith. Many times in our lives that we have little faith in God that we do not have anymore to call on to when we are already drowned deep in our sin but God.

Let me boldly say this to you, God sent His ONLY begotten Son to take us from the quicksand [SIN] and be saved from them - past and future. His blood cleansed us and washed all the sins of the world both our past and our future. As I finish this blog, the fire burns [LOVE OF GOD] in me and will never be put out. God is our only hope. God will rescue us. God will save us. God is the Only one who can pull us away from quicksand of sin. God is almighty to do this all in a snap of a finger.

As I write this, two songs keep on playing in my head and these are the songs that my heart worships at God right now. Come along and sing this with me.
----------------------------
FIRE BURNS by Jon Owens

Don't wanna go back Lord to the way I used to live, the way I used to live
I won't go back Lord to the way I used to be, before you rescue me..

I will not stop til' every tribe and nation bows before You..
I will not stop til' they all see your glory see your glory..

Lift up your eyes to see the glory of the Lord is on the earth
Arise.. Arise.. Arise..

Your Fire Burns within me
Burn within me with your fire


Arise generation no longer forsaken
Arise, Arise, Arise

----------------------------

CAME TO MY RESCUE by Hillsong

Falling on my knees in worship, giving all I am to seek Your face
Lord all I am is Yours.

My whole life I place in Your hands.
God of mercy humbled I bow down in your presence at Your throne


I called You answered and You came to my rescue and I wanna be where You are

In my life be lifted high
In our world be lifted high
In our love be lifted high

----------------------------

Arise and commission your life to God. Everything else will fall into proper places. If this is my only way to show my fellowship with God then be it and I will not stop til the whole world hears me that Our God is great! Be blessed and be a blessing to everyone!

No comments: